Children who struggle with self control and resort to challenging behaviours often have trouble coping with everyday tasks or situations. These are 5 ways to help them develop coping strategies to help control their emotions and reactions.
- Give Words to feelings: Name it to tame it.
- Find the triggers: Track and observe
- Anticipate transitions: Be one step ahead
- Use what they love doing as a coping strategy: Not bribes or rewards
- Be present and understanding: Use active listening and ask relevant questions. If you would like advice on how to implement these strategies how about booking a one to one discovery session? I can help you discover how to manage challenging behaviours in a more positive way which will strengthen the relationship between you and your child.