This package of 6 one-hour sessions is suitable for a parent or parents who are having relationship difficulties with teenagers or young adults.
You will gain:
- An understanding of what Positive Parenting is and why it works
- Positive Parenting strategies to increase co-operation and reduce challenging behaviour
- A clear and consistent Parenting approach that is tied in with your beliefs and values
- If needed Parenting strategies for a child diagnosed with ADHD, ADD, ODD, Dyslexia, Autism
- A good understanding of the wonderful world of the teenage brain and the 3 stages of adolescence
1. We will define the problem specifically and establish impact of the problem
2. If the behaviour is linked with a diagnosis of a Neuro-biological condition, the Strategies we consider using will be specific for that diagnosis.
3. We will set your Goals aligned with your values
4. I will take a history of conception, pregnancy, birth and early years.
5. I will talk to you about your Parenting style and beliefs and why Positive Parenting is the Difference that makes the difference for your family’s wellbeing
6. Explanation of the Teenage Brain and teenage development that are driving particular behaviours.
7. Consideration of your teenager’s environment, any issues from school, relationships, peer pressure. Lack of sleep, gaming, use of Social Media etc that are impacting behaviour
8. Introduction to The Circle of Security Model: Looking at the needs behind the behaviour: What is your child trying to communicate.
9. Reflection on what you wants the battles to be and tie this into a Family Plan. Consideration of if there is a value or identity clash going on
10. Establishment of Boundaries/Consequences/Calm down Strategies. All done by using Positive Parenting strategies including:
- More effective language and communication of your expectations
- Using discipline to teach the behaviour you want to see
- Communication that builds respect
- Tools to increase co-operation and listening
- Tools to build personal responsibility and promote independence by creating Choice
- Tools to increase emotional literacy and resilience
11. We will talk about ways of promoting and building your child’s self- esteem, because often negative behaviours are driven by low self- esteem. This includes using Growth Mindset tools , Love Languages and feedback
12. We will consider your own stress management and work/life balance, to help you strengthen your resilience and self-care, which will enable to put all of this in place .
Cost: This package of 6 one-hour sessions costs £450.
Location: Appointments are in Southborough, but can be held at your home or another location by arrangement, including at Starjumpz in Crowborough.