- Empowering Attachment based Early Intervention Programme
- Experienced and Qualified Professional and Trainer in the Homelessness Sector
- Ambassador for Calverley Hill: SAHA Supported Housing Project.
- Mental Health Foundation First Aider YOUTH
- Licenced Trainer for MIND Fitness.
4 in 10 (42%) of Local authorities still report they do not have an adequate range of tools to prevent youth homelessness (homeless.org.uk/younghomeless2015) and young people continue to make up nearly half of people accessing homeless accommodation.
Evidence shows that family conflict is the main factor leading to homelessness among the under 18’s. (Randall G & Brown/shelter.org.uk).
I offer an attachment building training course for Parents: The Circle of Security that offers “an opportunity for overwhelmed and perplexed parents, especially those fighting the odds of under-education, poverty, abuse, neglect, lack of social support and margin, even marginalisation, to become the parents they wish they had had. (Powell, Cooper, Hoffman and Marvin).
The training course promotes self reflection at it’s core , which in itself creates new internal working models that clients can then take into all areas of their lives.
I continue to work at the project on a contract basis:
- Running staff training programmes:
- New staff induction
- Support planning
- Effective ways to engage clients and overcome barriers to engagement
- Suicide Risk assessments and how to prevent suicide
- Coaching Clients using NLP
- Designing and delivering workshops for clients.
I have a proven record of designing, implementing and running successful day programmes, both at Crossways Community and Chapter1 Calverley Hill, which resulted in increased client participation that led to skill building, improved wellbeing and self esteem, and ultimately increased independence.
My qualification Engage to Change: Making a Difference in Homelessness Services has helped me to apply psychological tools and reflective practice techniques to evaluate, adapt and improve service delivery according to the needs of the client base.
“What’s done to children, they will do to society”